Netgear Orbi WiFi system creates dedicated high-speed WiFi connections to your internet service and home networking system. This handy Orbi setup guide will help you to extend the existing wireless signals throughout your home, office or building and also helps in covering all the blind spots, dead zones and poor connectivity areas.
Well, let us ask you a question. Did you know what the LED lights on your main router and satellite say? Don’t worry just have a look below. Why fear when we are here.
Power LED: It is located above the power button.
- If it is Solid Green then it means that the power is on properly.
- Blinking Amber indicates that your device is still booting.
- Blinking amber indicates that satellite or router is resetting back to factory default settings automatically.
- Blinking red indicates that the firmware of your device is corrupted.
- If you don’t see any LED light that means the power to your device is not supplied properly.
Router Ring LED: It is located on the top panel of your device.
- Pulsing white indicates that your main router is booting or someone accidentally hit the Sync button.
- Off indicates that router is working properly and finished up with the booting process.
- Solid white means that router has been reset back to its default factory settings.
- Solid magenta means that the router is failed to connect to the internet.
For Netgear Orbi connection issues, we recommend you to contact our tech support team as soon as possible.
Satellite Ring LED is located on the top of your device.
- The pulsing white LED on your device indicates that the satellite is still booting.
- If the power light on your device is blue for three (3) minutes, then the connection between your router and the satellite is good.
- If it is Amber for three (3) minutes then the connection between both the mentioned devices is fair.
- If it is magenta than the satellite failed to sync to the main router and for this, you have to get in touch with our highly qualified technicians to get rid of brain-teaser Netgear orbi setup issues.
Netgear Orbi Setup Instructions: Connect your Main Router
- Unplug your existing modem’s power and leave it connected to the wall jack.
- After few minutes, plug in and turn on your modem carefully.
- After that, connect your modem to the internet port of your router.
- Now, connect the power adapter to your router and connect it into a damage-free wall socket.
Moreover, ask us for Orbi WPS setup if the LED light on your device doesn’t blink.
Place your Satellite
So, if the satellite came along with your Orbi WiFi system, then the satellite attempts to sync with your main router for sure. Moreover, if you bought add-on satellite, then you are supposed to the satellite first.
Optimal Orbi Setup: Sync your Orbi Satellite
Remember that the sync process of your satellite depends on whether it came along with your Orbi WiFi system or if the satellite is add-on satellite.
Orbi Setup Instructions: Sync a Satellite from an Orbi WiFi System
- Place your satellite first and after that, connect it to a power outlet.
- If the LED light on it doesn’t blink, hit the On/ Off button once.
- In case, your satellite ring LED light is magenta, then consider moving the router and your satellite within the reach of each other. If this process doesn’t work, then press the sync button on back of the router and within few minutes press the sync button on your satellite too.
- For more information ask us for Orbi setup help.
Orbi Setup Troubleshooting: Sync an Add-On Satellite
So, are you ready to set up an Orbi router and satellite? If yes, then follow some rose petal tips below:
- Place your satellite in an airy room.
- Once done with the placement process, connect it to a power outlet.
- Wait for few minutes for the LED light on it to blink. If it doesn’t, then hit the On/ Off button once.
- After that, press the sync button on the back of your satellite and within couple of minutes, apply the same process on your router also.
Orbi Setup Login to your Router and Satellite
- Launch a web browser into a device that is properly connected with the Orbi WiFi network.
- Enter Orbi setup URL into the field of the address bar.
- When Orbi setup page displays enter username and Orbi setup password (default).
- When the basic home page displays select add Orbi satellite.
- Follow the on-screen Orbi setup tips about where to place your satellite.
- Now, connect it to a damage-free outlet and hit on the icon next.
- Here, you have to wait for couple of minutes for the satellite LED ring to illuminate solid white.
- Here, you have to press the sync button on the satellite and after that, the same button on your main router web interface.
- Orbi router setup not found? If the answer is yes then do not hesitate in calling our well-experienced tech support team.
Are you still facing Orbi setup issues, don’t worry, our tech support team is always ready to help you. You just have to drop your queries in the comment box below and forget everything you have been gone through.