Quality content is a key factor in SEO. If the content lacks quality, it will impact a website’s ranking and visibility in search engines. Without adding quality into the content, a website may not be able to realize its true potential.
If a website lacks quality content, it will then:
- Fail to engage readers
- Fail to build valuable links
- Fail to attract the attention of search engines
- Fail to generate leads
We can see how quality content is important for a website to realize its true potential and gain all those benefits that search engine offers. To improve the quality, one should first know all about it.
You should know that:
- A quality content is one that draws users as well as search engines into reading, viewing and sharing
- A quality content is one that is original and purposeful
- A quality content is one that is rich in information and that adds value to readers or users
- And above all, a quality content is one that is deemed useful and engaging, something that stirs the level of interest of users
From the above, it’s quite clear why content is vital for SEO or Search Engine Optimization. Without it, your website rankings or SERPs will get severely impacted. Quality content is one of topmost factors (out of some 200 factors in all) considered by Google to deliver superior ranking and visibility of a website.
You should also know that:
- Every web pages indexed by search engines, including Google, will have its own content quality score.
- This quality score is an indicator of a page’s ranking within search results and it’s decided by factors involved in algorithms
How to improve the quality of content
We can clearly see that quality content is important in order to score well in search engine and get good ranks. It’s therefore, important to take steps to improve the quality of content and gain amazing SEO results.
Original and fresh content
Search engines, including Google, are very strict against not updating websites and putting fresh content over there. They will down the rankings in case they find sites using the same content for long. The purpose should be to give users something new to look up to. If the content is not fresh, it will then impact the user engagement level. More so, by posting fresh and original content on a regular basis, a website remains relevant and updated, and both these aspects are considered by search engines while ranking.
Focus on user experience
The content should give focus on user experience. After all, good UX has a lot of bearing on Google rankings and websites should not ignore that. To make your content more user-centric, it should be structured in a proper manner and it should be easy to navigate. Such content keeps users hooked for longer which in turn in equal to keeping users engaged. So, without focusing on user experience, your content will surely not achieve its intended purpose.
Make your content relevant and readable
Studies show that websites with relevant and readable content perform well in search engines than the rest. Relevancy is of two types:
- Relevancy of length
- Relevance of subject matter
Your content length should not be shorter as this strategy may have worked earlier but it won’t now. Short-from content does not delve deep into the subject, does not discuss thing in a detailed manner and as a result, it does not help with rankings in a desired manner.
Similarly, you should take care of the readability aspect of the content. You have to make sure that the content is easy to read, which means:
- The content should be simple and easy to read
- The content should stay away from using complex language or jargon
- The content should give readers something to know
Stay away from too much of keyword-centric content
There was a time when stuffing keywords in the content was a sure shot way of reaching the ranking glory, but not anymore. Using excessive keywords in the content can mar the ranking prospects of your website as it’s a blacklisted strategy by Google.
- Your content should focus on a theme rather than keywords
- Your content should be aimed at users not search engines
- It should benefit readers, either by giving information or by keeping them entertained
- Rather than inserting keywords gratuitously, prefer the natural flow
Share your content across as many social channels
Earlier, social shares did not deliver ranking benefits, but the scenario is changed now. In today’s time, social shares and SERP points are correlated which means, you can improve the quality of content by sharing it across social outposts. The focus should be on writing a good quality content and then spreading them as far as possible.
Media enriched content
One of the easiest ways to add quality into the content and make it engaging is by adding media into it. By enriching the content with the media and its elements, its engagement quotient is raised notches up.
- Add videos into your content, as visual messages are lapped up by users
- Insert images and photos to your messages
- Use graph and charts wherever possible
- Make sure that your content has info-graphics, means it’s information-oriented as well as full of graphics
- Content with media elements are more likely to be read by users than simple ones
Cater to HOW and WHY aspects of users
And lastly, you should make sure that your content answers some problems of users or readers. The focus should be on giving answers to every HOW and WHY from users or customers. It means, your content should be written in a way to solve problems and remove doubts of users together with informing them about a specific aspect of the business.
In a nutshell, you should always look for ways to add quality in the content so that the website can deliver quality to readers. Your strategy should be to hire best SEO service so that experts can help guide your business forward. So, take time and trust only the experts for optimization benefits.