There are expected to be nearly 3 billion smartphone users in the world by the end of this year which calls for a pressing need for all businesses to have responsive websites. People today are more inclined to access the Internet on their smartphones than from their desktops and even laptops. The increasing effortlessness of accessing All-things-Internet on smartphones backed by rapidly declining prices of such devices is furthering driving the change in how we use and experience the Internet. As of 2019, more than 60% of searches are made from mobile devices. Hence, this piece has been put together which elucidates the top 7 reasons why your business needs a responsive website.
1. Gets you in Google’s Good Books – Google is the biggest search engine known to mankind along with being the most popular website of all times. Google continues to rank no.1 on Alexa rankings with remarkable consistency and doesn’t have any conceivable threat to its numero uno position as the website getting the lion’s share of the Internet traffic, in the near future. Google given it’s shattering size and scale is the obvious choice for businesses to attract organic traffic to their websites. Hence, it is imperative to give attention to Google and how it works. Google maintains that a responsive website is a great way to attract mobile users and also supports mobile-optimized websites while showcasing results when searches are made through a mobile phone. It holds the true for searches for products and services but the preference for mobile-optimized services is at its highest when searches are made for local services. Google sees searches in the excess of 100 billion each day and ranks “mobile-responsive” higher in the results when searches are made from mobile phones.
2. Reduces Bounce Rate – You may have a great business model and a greater website but even if your standard website ranks favorably in search results, you are still not immune to bounce rate, if your website isn’t mobile-friendly. If the experience for users accessing your website from their smartphones isn’t seamless or convenient, you are likely to see a very high number of bounce rates. It will further drag down the rankings of your website, despite your website functioning seamlessly when accessed through desktops. A high bounce rate isn’t likely to get you any favors from Google and it is all but inevitable that it will lead to a drastic decline in your rankings.
3. Adjusts to All Devices – One of the major benefits of having a responsive design for your website is that since the template size is created along the lines of various screen sizes, it assures that your website will adjust to the size of the device, no matter what is the width or height or screen size of said device. The way technology is evolving anything is possible and it is predicted by many, that in the upcoming years, watches, glasses, and even TVs, can be used for web browsing. Responsive websites are expected to work when for these new lines of devices.
4. Effortless Manageability – There are numerous benefits of responsive websites and they are not just limited to the obvious ones, which are more apparent on the surface than the others. The affinity for most online businesses towards responsive websites is more out of choice than out of need. There are multitudes of benefits of responsive websites and easier manageability is one of them. For online businesses, managing separate desktop and mobile sites is too much hassle. Separate Google Adwords and SEO campaigns have to be managed for each website type which is lesser efficient and productive than managing a single solitary website.
5. Better User Experience – Responsive designs bring with them a multitude of benefits and the same is not limited to better online experience when a website is accessed from a mobile phone. It results in overall better user experience, regardless of the type or size of the device. When content itself adjusts to the screen size of the device, users don’t have to work around with zooming and shirking options, which increases their affinity towards the website. It leads to them spending more time on the website by drastically reducing bounce rates. 67% online users are expected to buy products and services from mobile websites if they have managed to leave a positive impression on them, and that’s where the majority of the online businesses appear to be aiming at.
6. Websites Load Faster – Responsive websites lost faster than other websites and their loading time is always under 3 seconds, which is the preferred norm in the contemporary hi-tech web world. They are much faster than websites built specifically for the desktop and online businesses are losing out on far more than they realize, by not getting responsive web designs for their websites. In times of rapidly declining attention spans and the increasing impatience of internet users, not having a responsive website and expecting to expand operations is absolute foolhardy. The faster your site’s load, the more they are going to be liked by the visitors, and the more they are liked by the visitors and the more is the chance of the visitors converting into customers. It also narrows down to effortless user experience, of which responsive web design remains at the core.
7. Competitive Edge – Responsive web design service india not only lets you keep pace with the industry leaders but also helps you get a competitive edge over your competitors who haven’t year shifted to responsive designs. Especially for small online businesses, there is an enormous competitive edge to be leverage as over 90% of these businesses don’t have a responsive web design. For other businesses, though the number of businesses that don’t have responsive web designs, maybe fast-shrinking there is still considerable competitive edge to be used to your benefit.
Responsive web design isn’t just another fad or trend on the horizon, it is the need of the hour, and the present and future of most websites as we know and use them. You are losing out on a lot of organic traffic, potential customers and leads if your website doesn’t offer the same features when accessed from a smartphone, as it does when accessed from a desktop.